A Republican-led legislative committee is investigating state settlements paid out to public employees under the administration of Democratic Governor Steve Bullock . The Special Select Committee on State Settlement Accountability held its first meeting via phone conference Wednesday.
- Montana Republican U.S. Senate Candidates Debate, April 26, 2018
- Montana Democratic U.S. House Candidates Debate, May 3, 2018
- Missing Pattee Canyon Hiker Found Dead
- How To Legally Harvest Morels On Montana's National Forests
- Legislative Committee Begins Investigation Into Public Employee Settlements
- US Delays Oil, Gas Sales In Montana After Climate Ruling
With temperatures on the rise, many Montanans have one thing on their minds: finding that perfect morel. MTPR's Clare Menahan has details about harvesting legally on area national forests . Last year’s devastating fire season means Western Montana has become a mushroom-picking haven for thousands of local and visiting mushroom pickers.
Arts & Music
I was walking through Greenough Park in Missoula the other day, enthralled by the bright spring afternoon. A yellow cascade of dandelions popped out against the grass. Rattlesnake Creek swelled with snowmelt. The air smelled of shoots, buds, and fresh growth. Then I heard an echoing croak. A raven swooped down and perched on a park bench, a defiant figure of darkness in the daylight.