Democratic U.S. House candidate Rob Quist is traveling around Montana holding rallies where he emphasizes his stand on protecting public lands. He's also been in the news for unpaid debts and tax liens on his property. MTPR's Sally Mauk talks with the nominee about his positions on everything from gun rights to healthcare and what he thinks of President Trump.
- Accusations Of Financial Chicanery Fly In The U.S. House Race
- Bill Would Raise Taxes On Tobacco, E-Cigarettes
- U.S. House Candidate Rob Quist On Gun Rights, Healthcare, Trump, And More
- Catching Clients: Montana-based Software Company Caters To Outfitters & Guides
- Senate Committee Approves Marijuana Tax, Rejects Alcohol Tax Increase
- Bill Would Provide Option For Montanans To Comply With Federal Real ID Act
This was to have been the week when President Trump turned his fledgling presidency around, setting a course for success and letting the wind fill its sails at last. Instead, it became his worst week to date, ending with the ship becalmed and its crew in disarray. After other controversies had spoiled the weather, the Republicans proved unable to muster the votes to pass their repeal-and-replace Obamacare bill in the House. The president and Speaker Paul Ryan had to call off the vote...
Several decades back while working as a biologist in Oregon, I was picking rocks off the bottom of a rushing stream. While investigating the underlying aquatic insects, I encountered an odd animal. It was what appeared to be a tadpole stuck to the bottom of the rock! Assuming all frogs and tadpoles occur in swamps, not in high elevation rushing streams, I wondered what it was doing there.