The big federal funding bill that Congress is expected to vote on Thursday would mean some certainty on three big issues for Montana and other Western states. The bill locks-in Secure Rural Schools Act money for up to four years, changes how wildland firefighting is funded, and allocates money to the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Whitefish Citizen Group Proposes Safety Upgrades For Public Schools
- Spending Bill Would Boost Funds For Montana Schools, Public Lands
- 'Fire Borrowing' Gets The Ax In Federal Spending Bill
- Hecla Mining Co. Violated 'Bad Actor' Law, State Regulators Say
- Warmer Temperatures, Less Precipitation Expected In Montana This Summer
- Bail Set For Missoula High School Student Who Fled School Resource Officer
How can we better meet your news, arts and music needs online? Take a 5 minute survey to tell us why you tune in, how you tune in, and what you want more (or less) of. After all, you're the "Public" in Montana Public Radio. Make your voice heard, take the survey here.
Arts & Music
Did you miss an episode of your favorite local music show on Montana Public Radio? Good news, you can now find online archives for shows like "Freeforms," "Pea Green Boat," "Jazz Sessions," "The Folk Show" and more via Radio Free America.