On Thursday morning, close to a hundred people gathered at an old ball field across from Butte’s Civic Center and circled around haul trucks and excavators fit for Paul Bunyan, if he was a miner, and not a lumberjack. Both the crowd and the heavy machinery were there for the groundbreaking ceremony on the Parrot tailings removal project.
- Grant Continues Asbestos-Related Care At Libby Clinic
- Highway 200 Near Rogers Pass Re-Opens After Flooding
- Democrats Want US Interior Department Staff Moves Explained
- Wildlife Babies: 'If You Care, Leave Them There'
- Butte Breaks Ground On Parrot Tailings Removal Project
- Montana Officials Release Details On Cabinet Mountains Bear Attack
The suicide rate in Montana is more than twice the national average, that’s according to the latest update from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . Among the counties with the highest suicide rate in Montana is Butte/Silver Bow. Karen Sullivan is the Health Officer for Butte Silver Bow. MTPR's Beau Baker spoke with Sullivan about why suicide rates are so high in Montana.
Arts & Music
Maple & Lead is an eleven story collection of fiction by Aaron Parrett. Originally published in magazines and journals, these stories explore the quirky efforts of humans winding their way through the world to make sense of loss and sorrow, most whom, like us, will probably be OK in the end.