Thursday was a big day in Glacier National Park. The Park Service turned 100, and to celebrate, Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell made a pilgrimage of sorts up Going to the Sun Road to see the park’s waning namesakes. She called it, "an incredible reminder of why the NPS was America's best idea."
- Apathy, Funding The Biggest Threats To National Parks, Officials Say
- Can The Sale of Wildlife Friendly Beef Help Ranchers and Conservationists Get Along?
- Contract Dispute Shuts Down TV Coverage Of Montana Capitol
- Engstrom: Enrollment A Challenge, Liberal Arts Remain Fundamental At UM
- Montana Wildfire Roundup For August 26, 2016
- New Closures In Effect For Copper King Fire
The Crown of the Continent Guitar Festival runs Sunday August 28 through Saturday September 3 in Bigfork. MTPR will be on hand Monday night for the the concert with Julian Lage and Chris Eldridge. Also on the bill is the gypsy jazz of Gonzalo Bergara. You can hear the rebroadcast of that concert Friday, Sept 2 on MTPR.
Orientation at Arkansas Tech University this year included a surprising topic for a Bible Belt state that pushes abstinence-only in high school. Every freshman was shown a newly produced video in which real students talk about the struggle of an unplanned pregnancy, and the challenge of staying in school as a parent."I lost a lot of friends," says one young woman in the video who had dreamed of becoming a surgeon. A young man says he "went from not having any responsibility to having a full...