The State’s fire fighting savings account started this month with the second lowest balance since it was created a decade ago. There’s only about $4 million in the fund’s reserves for this fire season. That’s about a fifth of what the state needs to cover an average fire season bill.
- Why There's Only $4 Million In Montana's Firefighting Fund
- Consultants Advise Butte Economic Development Team On How To Grow
- Feds To Study Health Risks Of Contaminants In Anaconda
- Authorities Arrest Bozeman Man Who Shot At, Fled Police
- Billings Child Protection Staff Face 'Crisis Level Caseloads'
- High Temperatures, Low Humidity Raise Wildfire Potential In Parts Of Montana
Butte, Montana is known as the "Richest Hill on Earth," and this weekend its cultural riches were on display at the Montana Folk Festival. Miss the fun? Listen to the archives of MTPR's live broadcast from the original stage [ Friday , Saturday ] and see videos and pics from this weekend.
Arts & Music
The Food Guys create a bold and delicious cornbread recipe, great to accompany a good chili dish .