Democratic U.S. House candidate Rob Quist is traveling around Montana holding rallies where he emphasizes his stand on protecting public lands. He's also been in the news for unpaid debts and tax liens on his property. MTPR's Sally Mauk talks with the nominee about his positions on everything from gun rights to healthcare and what he thinks of President Trump.
- Montana 'Bathroom Bill' Killed In Legislative Committee
- Bill Allows Tribal Members To Continue Traditional Buffalo Hunt
- Accusations Of Financial Chicanery Fly In The U.S. House Race
- Bill Would Raise Taxes On Tobacco, E-Cigarettes
- U.S. House Candidate Rob Quist On Gun Rights, Healthcare, Trump, And More
- Catching Clients: Montana-based Software Company Caters To Outfitters & Guides
President Trump is doing his best to put a good face on defeat in his party's attempt to replace the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. His strategy is simple: declare that the law is failing. And he is selling that message in his own distinctly Trumpian way: concocting it out of simple, bold words and then hammering that message home, over and over: Obamacare, in his words, will "explode." "The best thing we can do, politically speaking, is let Obamacare explode," he said in the...
Several decades back while working as a biologist in Oregon, I was picking rocks off the bottom of a rushing stream. While investigating the underlying aquatic insects, I encountered an odd animal. It was what appeared to be a tadpole stuck to the bottom of the rock! Assuming all frogs and tadpoles occur in swamps, not in high elevation rushing streams, I wondered what it was doing there.