Both state and federal governments have spent a combined $378 million this year battling blazes. This was the most expensive fire season in Montana since at least 1999, when adjusted for inflation. Montanans may need to prepare for similar wildfire seasons in the future.
- Andrew Feinstein, Candidate For UM President, Touts Budgeting Experience
- 2017 Fire Season Is Montana's Most Expensive Since 1999
- Permit Hearings On Proposed Water Bottling Plant Continue In Kalispell
- DNRC: Montana's Fire Season Most Expensive In Decades
- Montana May Warm Faster Than Rest Of U.S., Says Climate Report
- UM Law Professor Talks Recent Voter Fraud Allegations
The Montana Attorney General will now have to clarify a ballot proposal intended to prohibit transgender Montanans from using the public bathrooms of their choice. The Montana Supreme Court has granted the ACLU of Montana’s petition challenging the sufficiency of I-183’s ballot statement and fiscal note .
Walking through the woods recently, I saw a red squirrel digging in the litter of the forest floor. I assumed it was burying a pine cone, but on closer inspection I found a piece of mushroom. Little did I know I was witnessing a process critical to the survival of a forest.