Heavy rain falling along the Rocky Mountain Front over the last several days has triggered flooding and road closures in and around the town of Augusta, and closed all the roads into the town.
- State Supreme Court Won't Block Mining Ballot Initiative
- Land Deal Ties Interior Secretary's Family, Halliburton Boss
- House Minority Leader Jenny Eck Won't Seek Re-Election
- Grizzly Bear Committee Delays Vote On NCDE Conservation Strategy
- No Agreement Over Budget Forecasts Between Legislature, Governor's Office
- Montana Representatives Oppose Separating Families At Border
We heard music from all over the country and the world during the 2017 Montana Folk Festival. Consider this the highlight reel from MTPR's live broadcasts from the festival. In the first hour, you'll hear Cajun and Acadian music from Bruce Daigrepont of Metarie, LA; the North Carolina-based gospel brass shout band, Cedric Mangum and Company; and the Ethiopian jazz of Washington, D.C.'s Feedel Band. In the second half of the program, we'll feature reggae from Seattle-based Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band; Chicago blues from Toronzo Cannon; and the Texas-style triple-fiddles and harmonies of The Quebe Sisters.
Arts & Music
Recently, "Pea Green Boat" Skipper Annie Garde took a tour of Silver Summit , a "playground for everyone" in Missoula's McCormick Park. It's an all-abilities playround that invites children excited by the brightly-colored equipment and welcoming atmosphere to discover nooks, crannies and equipment that can accommodate their bodies, their mobility devices, and their ways of playing. Listen as Heath, Jenny, Logan, Adam, Lisa and Mataya show Annie their favorite spots at Silver Summit.