The Montana Broadcasters Association made a last minute pivot Sunday morning from a debate format to more of a moderated town hall when it became clear only Senator Jon Tester would be participating.
- Montana's Uninsured Rate Steady, Medicaid Expansion Beneficial, News Studies Say
- Sen Tester Answers Questions At Whitefish 'Debate'
- State Health Officials Haven't Taken Action On Judge's Medicaid Order
- Missoula's Refugee Soccer Tournament Breaks Cultural Barriers
- Grants Aim To Improve Health Care For Vulnerable Families In Western Montana
- Tester In, Rosendale Out For Sunday Debate In Whitefish
We heard music from all over the country and the world during the 2017 Montana Folk Festival. Consider this the highlight reel from MTPR's live broadcast from the festival. This hour, you'll hear from Bruce Daigrepont from Metarie, LA, Cedric Mangum and Company from North Carolina, and Feedel Band with Ethiopian Jazz. In the second half of the program, you'll hear from Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band, Toronzo Cannon from Chicago, and The Quebe Sisters from Texas.
Arts & Music
Recently, "Pea Green Boat" Skipper Annie Garde took a tour of Silver Summit , a "playground for everyone" in Missoula's McCormick Park. It's an all-abilities playround that invites children excited by the brightly-colored equipment and welcoming atmosphere to discover nooks, crannies and equipment that can accommodate their bodies, their mobility devices, and their ways of playing. Listen as Heath, Jenny, Logan, Adam, Lisa and Mataya show Annie their favorite spots at Silver Summit.