As Congress works on overhauling health care, the company with perhaps the most at stake in Montana is Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It's a division of Health Care Service Corporation, which says it's the fourth largest insurance company in America. I talked about the changes Congress is proposing with John Doran, a vice president and chief of staff for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana.
- Blackfeet Nation To Vote On Repeal, Replacement Of Tribal Constitution
- Growing Grizzly Numbers Bring Challenges For Rocky Mountain Front Residents
- Amid Lumber Dispute, Western Govs, Canadian Leaders Meet To Talk Trade
- Blue Cross VP: 'We Need Regulatory Stability'
- Man Found Alive After 4 Days Missing In Montana Wilderness
- Montana Group Buys Billboards To Pressure Zinke On National Monuments
We're honored to be awarded radio website of the year for www.mtpr.org, and non-commercial radio program of the year for Threshold Podcast from the Montana Broadcasters Association. MTPR's Rodeo Radio Theatre was also named runner up for non-commercial radio program of the year. Congratulations to all of this year's E.B. Craney award winners, and thank you to all MTPR supporters who help make public radio possible!
There’s an event coming your way that’s so significant, the Post Office has issued a commemorative stamp for it: On Monday, August 21, 2017, a historic solar eclipse will occur. The path of 100 percent totality, spanning parts of 14 states, will extend in an arc across the United States from south of Portland, Oregon, in the west to mid-South Carolina in the east.