Your Montana Public Radio
MTPR helps Montana festivals thrive
Fri July 11, 2014
MTPR and Summer Music Festivals
Festival season is winding down - but don't miss MTPR night at the Crown Guitar Festival in Bigfork, Wednesday, August 27th with jazz-fusion legend Lee Ritenour.
Montana Public Radio is proud to be a media co-sponsor for a growing number of fantastic summer music festivals. What do we do as a media co-sponsor? We do not contributing money to these worthy endeavors, but rather, we offer some free publicity, stage announcing and more, in exchange for a presence at the festivals and our logo in their materials. Basically, we like supporting the mission of these festivals and are happy to be involved in helping them succeed.
Crown Guitar Festival and Workshop
The workshops and festival happen at Flathead Lake Lodge in Bigfork, August 24-30, 2014. The guitar workshops feature study with some of the worlds greatest guitarists across all genres. And equally fabulous evening concerts happen for the public. MTPR staff will be at the festival and recording on Wednesday, August 27th.
- Sunday, August 24 at 7:00 p.m. - An evening with Dweezil Zappa. Rock with a mix of blues, fusion and metal.
- Monday, August 25 at 7:30 p.m. - Set 1: Mike Stern, jazz and jazz fusion. Set 2: Ana Popovic, nominated for 2014's 'Contemporary Blues Female Artist' of the year.
- Tuesday, August 26 at 7:30 p.m. - Singer Songwriters - Set 1: Emily Elbert, steeped in jazz, James Taylor, and Jimi Hendrix - Set 2: Shelby Lynne, grammy winner.
- MTPR night - Wednesday, August 27 at 7:30 p.m. - An evening with Lee Ritenour - and friends, a jazz legend with 17 grammy nominations.
- Thursday, August 28 at 7:30 p.m. - Set 1: David Leisner, classical soloist and composer - Set 2: John Oates, rock, blues, R&B, folk - 2014 inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Saturday, August 30 at 4:30 p.m., food and entertainment, 7:00 p.m. – Crown Guitar All-Star Extravaganza.
music, art, dance and crafts from around the world
Front Row Center
Front Row Center