Your Montana Public Radio
MTPR helps Montana festivals thrive
Fri July 11, 2014
MTPR and Summer Music Festivals
Montana Public Radio is proud to be a media co-sponsor for a growing number of fantastic summer music festivals. What do we do as a media co-sponsor? We do not contributing money to these worthy endeavors, but rather, we offer some free publicity, stage announcing and more, in exchange for a presence at the festivals and our logo in their materials. Basically, we like supporting the mission of these festivals and are happy to be involved in helping them succeed.
Here's the list of festivals MTPR is working with this summer.
St Timothy's Summer Music Festival
June 29-August 24, 2014. Beautiful music in an intimate and beautiful setting, high atop a mountain overlooking Georgetown Lake.
- Sunday, July 13 at 4:0o p.m. - Montana Chamber Music Society Featuring Members of the Muir String Quartet & Guests.
- Sunday, July 27 at 4:00 p.m. - James Schlender - violin, and Craig Hall - guitar.
- Sunday August 10 at 4:00 p.m. - Eden Atwood and Guests.
- Sunday August 24 at 4:00 p.m. - Werner Cello Quartet.
Montana Folk Festival
July 11-13, 2014. Montana's biggest free festival - takes over uptown Butte, with music from around the world, dancing and art, food and frolic. MTPR staff will be stage announcers. See our Montana Folk Festival preview and hear from the festival director.
- Tuesday, July 29 at 7:00 p.m. - Monica! Our esteemed Queen of the violin opens our festival with dazzling concertos of Vivaldi, Leclair, a Telemann duo with our recorder virtuoso Matthias Maute, and even a triple violin concerto by Bach!
- Wednesday, July 30 at 7:00 p.m. Chaconne! Once again, Matthias and his wife Sophie bring us some truly incredible music for recorders, flutes and strings. Vitali's famous Chaconne will be heard for the first time on recorder, and Vivaldi's rousing La Folia variations will lift everyone off their seats.
- Thursday July 31, 7:00 p.m. - Concertos! It's and all-out virtuoso show, with concertos for one, two, and three violins, recorders and flutes – we're pulling out all the stops! Double and triple concertos by Vivaldi, a gorgeous flute concerto by Devienne and Vivaldi's dramatic Tempesta di Mare concerto.Double and triple concertos by Vivaldi; Flute concerto by Devienne; Vivaldi’s Tempesta di Mare.
- Sunday, August 3 at 6:00 p.m. - Festival Amadeus Orchestra.
- Monday, August 4 at 7:30 p.m. - Chamber Night 1: Fry Street String Quartet in Concert.
- Tuesday, August 5 at 7:30 p.m. - Chamber Night 2: Mozart Piano Wind Quintet, with guest artist Tanya Gabrielian.
- Wednesday, August 6 at 7:30 p.m. - Orchestra Night 1: Mozart’s Elvira Madigan, with guest artist Tanya Gabrielian.
- Thursday, August 7 at 7:30 p.m. - Chamber Night 3: Violin Piano Synergy, with guest artists Kinga Augustyn - violin. Spencer Myer - piano.
- Friday, August 8 at 7:30 p.m. - Orchestra Night 2: A Little Night Music, with guest artists Festival Amadeus Chamber Strings, Fry Street Quartet - string quartet.
- Saturday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m. - Orchestra Night 3: Tukish Polonaise, Conductor : John Zoltek. With guest artist Kinga Augustyn - Violin.
- Sunday, August 10 at 7:30 p.m. - Orchestra Night 4: Festival Grand Finale, Conductor : John Zoltek. With guest artists Spencer Myer, Festival Amadeus Orchestra.
Crown Guitar Festival and Workshop
Sign up for the workshops in June. The workshops and festival happen at Flathead Lake Lodge in Bigfork, August 24-30, 2014. The guitar workshops feature study with some of the worlds greatest guitarists across all genres. And equally fabulous evening concerts happen for the public. MTPR will be at the festival and recording on Wednesday, August 27th.
- Sunday, August 24 at 7:00 p.m. - An evening with Dweezil Zappa. Rock with a mix of blues, fusion and metal.
- Monday, August 25 at 7:30 p.m. - Set 1: Mike Stern, jazz and jazz fusion. Set 2: Ana Popovic, nominated for 2014's 'Contemporary Blues Female Artist' of the year.
- Tuesday, August 26 at 7:30 p.m. - Singer Songwriters - Set 1: Emily Elbert, steeped in jazz, James Taylor, and Jimi Hendrix - Set 2: Shelby Lynne, grammy winner.
- Wednesday, August 27 at 7:30 p.m. - An evening with Lee Ritenour - and friends, a jazz legend with 17 grammy nominations.
- Thursday, August 28 at 7:30 p.m. - Set 1: David Leisner, classical soloist and composer - Set 2: John Oates, rock, blues, R&B, folk - 2014 inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Saturday, August 30 at 4:30 p.m., food and entertainment, 7:00 p.m. – Crown Guitar All-Star Extravaganza.
music, art, dance and crafts from around the world
Front Row Center
Front Row Center