Holiday specials coming up on Montana Public Radio.
- 6 p.m. – Tinsel Tales 4
New holiday stories from NPR - In keeping with a well-loved NPR holiday tradition, hear the fourth collection of extraordinary Christmas stories that will transport you to unexpected places. Some tales are funny; some are touching; some are insightful or irreverent or nostalgic or surprising. You might recognize them from our broadcast archives — or you might fall in love with them for the first time.
- 7 p.m. – Walt Dunlop complete reading of Dickens - A Christmas Carol
- 10 p.m. – A Choral Christmas with Stile Antico
With the sound of soaring voices. Stile Antico, the award winning choir from London, pays a visit to St. Paul’s church on Harvard Square for a concert of radiant sacred music for the Christmas season by the most acclaimed composers of the renaissance. Hear the group’s luminous blend of voices sing the intricately woven music of Thomas Tallis and William Byrd.
- 11 p.m. - Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
The world-renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir continues its tradition of great artistry this holiday season, with touching arrangements of familiar carols, and lesser-known melodies that are fast becoming the new classics.
- 9 a.m. – St. Olaf Christmas Festival
This service in song and word has become one of the nation's most cherished holiday celebrations. The festival includes hymns, carols, choral works, as well as orchestral selections celebrating the Nativity and featuring more than 500 student musicians in five choirs, and the St. Olaf Orchestra.
- 11 a.m. – The Big Tiny Desk Holiday special
Celebrate the season with amazing holiday performances from The Tiny Desk Concert series including Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Steve Martin, Hanson, The Polyphonic Spree and more! Hosted by NPR Music frenemies Bob Boilen and Stephen Thompson.
- 12 p.m. – A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote read by Gus Chambers
- 1 p.m. - Tinsel Tales 1
This program features stories from the NPR archives that touch on the meaning of Christmas. David Sedaris, Bailey White, John Henry Faulk -- these and other NPR voices, past and present, tell stories of the season. Hosted by Lynn Neary.
- 2 p.m. – A Chanticleer Christmas
A program of holiday music is presented live in concert by Chanticleer. Hear why this superb 12-man ensemble is known as "an orchestra of voices," as they perform holiday classics and new favorites, with host Brian Newhouse.
- 3 p.m. - Welcome Christmas
A perennial Christmas favorite from VocalEssence, one of the world's premier choral ensembles. Join host John Birge for an hour of traditional carols and new discoveries, including the world premiere of two carols from the annual Christmas Carol Contest.
- 4 p.m. – The Pea Green Boat for Christmas with Sam Manno – Feature Richard Dunn’s reading of Stubby Pringle
- 7 p.m. – Moth Radio Hour -Holiday Special 2017
- 8 p.m. – Hollywood Holiday
- 9 p.m. – Thistle and Shamrock - Fiona’s Holiday Celebration
- 11 p.m. – Soul Christmas!
Here are some of the greatest Soul and R&B holiday winter classics ever recorded. Today on this show you will hear Christmas tunes from James Brown, Otis Redding, The O'Jays, Donnie Hathaway, The Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, Booker T & the MG’s.